Pacific Quality Infrastructure Initiative
The PQI Initiative was officially endorsed by Forum Trade Ministers for a 5-year work program covering different streams of work, including standards, metrology, conformity assessment and quality promotion.
Standards Work Program
• Promote standardisation in the Pacific region.
• Create a productive and efficient standardisation partnership amongst Pacific countries to grow together.
• Coordinate and knowledge share on standardisation related issues amongst Pacific countries.
• Encourage step-by-step approaches that allow for shared progress.
• Leverage other Pacific countries' experience and technical infrastructure.
• Promote efficiency and trade competitiveness both nationally and regionally.
- Bold Agenda for Trade Quality Infrastructure in the Pacific Launched
- World-first Pacific Island technical standards committees to address economic challenges