Standards Australia's pilot of the Named User Subscription model launched in July 2022, has become permanent from 1 July 2023.
Those familiar with the pilot program will notice several changes to the permanent model, which were made in response to feedback from distribution partners and end-users. They include:
• Removing maximum caps for organisations who require a small to medium number of users.
• Increasing maximum caps for organisations who require a large or enterprise level number of users.
• Including the option for Government departments and eligible Associations to provide access to their employees.
The move to a permanent distribution model further demonstrates Standards Australia’s commitment to making standards more accessible, an integral part of its Distribution and Licensing Policy Framework.
The model ultimately intends to deliver value to end-users by facilitating:
• Better access: Rather than limiting standards access to a specific location or site (e.g., an office address), the model aims to support the continuing trend toward hybrid and fully remote working models by facilitating multi-user access to standards anytime, anywhere and on most devices.
• Increased flexibility: Through this model, organisations will be able to choose the number of standards documents they would like to access across the lifetime of their subscription, rather than requiring them to decide on specific documents up-front or go through an add-on process.
• Greater affordability: The model aims to support more affordable entry points to standards content. Depending on the number of users the customer has, and the standards those users need access to, this model may be a more affordable option.
• More options: User feedback has indicated that end-users would like more choice in the market - the Named User Subscription model offers an alternative, proven option for relevant users.
Stefan Savva, General Manager of Commercial at Standards Australia, says: “Standards Australia is committed to investing in the development of new options to access standards that improve value and accessibility for standards users. We’re delighted to offer Named User Subscription as a permanent model, demonstrating our continued efforts to meet the evolving needs of our stakeholders.”
The applicable terms of the Named User Subscription pilot will remain in effect for all current subscriptions until the end of each subscription term.
If you would like to know more about Named User Subscription, please make an enquiry with the Standards Australia Store team or via our distribution partners.