Pacific Quality Infrastructure Initiative
The Pacific Islands Forum is leading the Pacific Quality Infrastructure (PQI) Initiative, which aims to strengthen quality infrastructure across all Forum Island Countries to increase trade competitiveness. Given that quality infrastructure plays a crucial role both for trade and national health systems, support throughout will contribute to the regional recovery from COVID-19.
The PQI Initiative was officially endorsed by Forum Trade Ministers for a 5-year work program covering different streams of work, including standards, metrology, conformity assessment and quality promotion.
Standards Work Program
- Planning workshop to set the course for the program
- Needs assessment to benchmark current standards activities
- Capacity building workshops on key topics of standards development
- Mentoring program with Standards Australia staff
- Establishment of a Regional Standards Committee
- The Terms of Reference of the Pacific Islands Standards Committee (PISC) is available here
- Bold Agenda for Trade Quality Infrastructure in the Pacific Launched
- Trade, market access work on standards and measurement continues with Pacific Quality Infrastructure Initiative