Standards Australia has different proposal options available to best suit your standards development requirements.
Find the appropriate proposal form for your needs below.
Preparing Your Proposal
All projects are selected based on four key criteria:
- Net benefit case
- Well-defined scope of work
- Stakeholder consultation and support
- The availability of Standards Australia resources
For assistance in understanding the process, please read the GU-104 SA Guide to Project Prioritisation Criteria and Process
1. Resourced through Standards Australia
This option makes use of our resources, expertise and infrastructure to develop standards. Stakeholders are required to commit and actively contribute to projects over a set period of time.
2. Externally Funded
The Externally Funded pathway offers stakeholders access to additional services and administrative support through the standards development process. This may include:
- Access to independent facilitators and technical writers to help with complex and/or contentious technical committee project work.
- Additional support for international participation.
- Standards development roadmap activities with stakeholder input to identify:
- Potentially relevant standards
- Gaps and opportunities for new standards
- Openings for international participation and adoption
- Sponsorship of Standards Australia led forums and events
This pathway operates on a fee for service basis and by way of formal agreement with Standards Australia.
When to Submit
Standards Australia now accepts all types of proposals at any time throughout the year.
Proposals that meet all key quality criteria will be assessed and resourced on a monthly basis.
Assistance and Support
For further information or if you have any queries, please contact one of our Engagement Managers.