What is the Young Leaders Program?
Standards Australia’s Young Leaders Program selects emerging industry and technical experts and provides them with an exciting opportunity to become involved in the national and international standardisation processes supporting Australian industry and government.
Through the program, participants will access training and gain direct exposure to the standards development process and context. They will attend and participate in webinars, meetings, and professional development activities. Emerging leaders will share knowledge and collaborate, developing a deep understanding of what it takes to shape robust standards that contribute net benefit to the Australian community. Participants will create a valuable network of key Australian stakeholders and peers across industry sectors.
The goal of the program is to support the future of standards development through investing in the next generation of standards leaders and experts. Program participants gain the necessary skills to further increase their involvement in standardisation and contribute to the development of important standards in their field.
What can you gain from the program?
The program’s learning outcomes include:
- An in-depth understanding of the standardisation process
- Developing the necessary skills to be an effective technical committee member
- Identifying professional development opportunities
- Hearing from nominating organisations and establishing networks
- Joining the accomplished community of Young Leaders program alumni
Will travel be subsidised?
Subsidies are available for interstate and NSW travel.
How are Young Leaders selected?
To be eligible, applicants should:
- Be under 40 years old
- Have an active interest in standardisation. This can be demonstrated, for example, by participating in standards development or working for an organisation that actively uses standards.
- Be able to attend all scheduled events. (An example of the program schedule is below)
- Be able to attend up a minimum three Standards meetings (Technical or Governance)
- Be committed for the duration of the program, with a view to continued involvement in Standardisation.
To apply for the program, please provide:
Completed applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com
- A personal statement demonstrating the above criteria. This should include a short list of Standards Australia committees or projects of interest to you (click here for our current projects)
- Your CV/Resume, demonstrating technical expertise in your field
- A written reference from your employer, stating their support for your application