What is the Young Leaders Program?
Standards Australia’s Young Leaders Program selects emerging industry and technical experts and provides them with an exciting opportunity to become involved in the national and international standardisation processes supporting Australian industry and government.
Through the program, participants will access training and gain direct exposure to the standards development process and context. They will attend and participate in webinars, meetings, and professional development activities. Emerging leaders will share knowledge and collaborate, developing a deep understanding of what it takes to shape robust standards that contribute net benefit to the Australian community. Participants will create a valuable network of key Australian stakeholders and peers across industry sectors.
The goal of the program is to support the future of standards development through investing in the next generation of standards leaders and experts. Program participants gain the necessary skills to further increase their involvement in standardisation and contribute to the development of important standards in their field.
Applications are now open for the 2018/19 Young Leaders Program, closing on 30 June 2018.
What can you gain from the program?
- An in-depth understanding of the standardisation process
- Developing the necessary skills to be an effective technical committee member
- Identifying professional development opportunities
- Hearing from nominating organisations and establishing networks
- Joining the accomplished community of Young Leaders program alumni
Will travel be subsidised?
Subsidies are available for interstate and NSW travel.
How are Young Leaders selected?
To be eligible, applicants should:
- Reside in Australia
- Be under 40 years old
- Have an active, professional interest in standardisation. This can be demonstrated, for example, by participating in standards development or working for an organisation that actively uses standards.
- Commit to attending all scheduled events (see 2018/19 calendar below).
- Be able to attend a minimum of three standards meetings (technical or governance).
- Be committed for the duration of the program, with a view to continued involvement in standardisation.
- Be supported by your employer to participate in program activities.